Skip to main content

Day 110: Aurora Borealis, Active Recovery and Gardening Progress

Thanks for coming by again! Today, being Saturday, there were no new lessons in the PN program, but it was filled with plenty of activity and a couple of pleasant surprises.

Extended Walks and Gardening

I took advantage of the day for some active recovery, starting with an extended walk with my dog. We also enjoyed her usual walks throughout the day, which always adds a nice rhythm to our routine. In addition to our walks, I spent some time in the garden, moving my strawberry plants into the new berry garden alongside the blueberry bushes. Learning that strawberries can create beneficial shade for blueberries was a delightful bonus to optimizing my garden's layout.

Strawberry plants and blueberry plants in my raised gardens


Aurora Borealis Surprise

A special highlight of the day was my husband capturing a fantastic photo of the Aurora Borealis in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. It was quite unexpected, especially given the usual light pollution in our area. This rare sight added a magical touch to an already relaxing day.

Aurora Borealis from my backyard

Using Tria for Hair Removal

I also continued using my Tria laser hair removal device today for a few stubborn hairs that I have because of PCOS. I’m pleased to report that most of the hairs I treated previously seem a few weeks ago to be gone, which is why I love having such effective results from the comfort of my home.

Reflecting on the Day

Overall, today was a day well-spent in active recovery, enjoying nature both in my garden and through the unexpected natural display in the sky. It’s these kinds of days that rejuvenate me and make me appreciate the simpler pleasures in life. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Zucchini Brownies with Fresh Dates

In our weekly recap lesson with the Precision Nutrition program, we encountered a unique recipe that captivated our taste buds but, unfortunately, came without a shareable link. Eager to spread the joy of this culinary discovery, I turned to ChatGPT 4 and challenged it to recreate the essence of the recipe using the same key ingredients. The result was nothing short of spectacular, with ChatGPT 4 adding its own creative twists to enhance the original. This new recipe for Black Bean and Zucchini Brownies with Date, Cocoa, and Peanut Butter Icing is not only a testament to the versatility of healthy ingredients but also a perfect treat for the whole family to enjoy. Let's dive into this delightful creation that promises to be a crowd-pleaser at any table! Delicious and Nutritious Black Bean Brownies Indulge in a dessert that's as enjoyable as it is wholesome. Our Black Bean and Zucchini Brownies paired with Date, Cocoa, and Peanut Butter Icing offer a rich, flavorful experience, ...

The First Step with Precision Nutrition: A Deep Dive into Personalization

Embarking on a new health and wellness journey can be both exhilarating and daunting. But my first step with Precision Nutrition's women's program – filling out their detailed questionnaire – turned out to be an unexpectedly enlightening experience. It was more than just a formality; it was a deep dive into my health, lifestyle, and expectations. The Thorough Questionnaire After registering for the program, I received an email with a comprehensive questionnaire. I was surprised to see that I had dedicated a good half hour to complete it, and every minute was worth it. The questions covered a wide range of topics: from injuries and restrictions to allergies, health issues, exercise levels, available equipment, medications, sleep patterns, and any supplements I was taking.  Personalization at Its Core What impressed me the most was the level of detail in the questions. They inquired about my specific health conditions, including PCOS and IBS, which have been significant factors i...

Day 24: Valentine's Reflections and Embracing Every Moment

Welcome back, followers of well-being! A Surprising Lesson on Binge Eating Valentine's Day brought with it an unexpected lesson from the program, focusing on the concept of binge eating. The lesson didn't delve into definitions but rather suggested an intriguing approach: if binge eating occurs, do it slowly and without any guilt. For those who don't experience binge eating, the guidance was to maintain the practice of eating slowly throughout the day. This perspective offers a unique lens on mindfulness and self-compassion, encouraging us to be present and intentional with our eating habits, regardless of the situation. The Continual Growth Through Meditation Today's workout seamlessly blended meditation with walking, a combination that has become a cherished part of my routine. The guided meditations, each building upon the last one, have become a source of solace and anticipation. Their evolving nature keeps me engaged and hopeful that they'll remain a cornerston...